Google Instant generates a buzz
The roll out of Google Instant earlier this month returns search results as terms are keyed in. The blogosphere has been quite active over this latest change in search. There is concern over the impact this has on search optimization that has been done on sites.
Questions that you need to be investigating are:
- How will this affect your most profitable keywords/ phrases?
- If you are #1 when the keyword /phase is completely typed in but is #8 when only four keystrokes are enter how much traffic will you miss?
- Who is your new competition on the partially keyed terms?
- Will Google users select #1 after these few keystrokes or will they wait until they completely enter the keyword / phrase?
- How quickly does your company shows up in the results?
- How many keystrokes does it take for you to first show in the result – how many more until you are #1?
- What percentage of Google users will turn off Google Instant?
Bottom line the search optimization playing field has been changed — who is going to benefit the most…..
Check out the video from Google’s introduction.